Veterinary Technician Assistant
Start your career with Buzzards Bay Veterinary Associates! We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate team member for this full-time position. The Veterinary Assistant is a key member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians and veterinary technicians. They also ensure the safety of pets, clients, other associates, and the continuity of quality veterinary care. This is an excellent opportunity to start your career in the animal health profession!
- Restraint of patients for treatments
- Helping maintain the flow of patients
- Admission and discharge of patients
- Setting up appointments or procedures
- Making sure treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs are clean and organized
- Client education
- Answering phone and making appointments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree in veterinary technology or certificate of completion from a NAVTA-approved veterinary assistant program preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, ability to problem solve, learn and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and be detail-oriented to provide a high level of patient care.
- Must be able to lift and restrain pets of at least 50 pounds and work on your feet most of the day.
Benefits include excellent wages, paid vacations and holidays, health, vision and dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, simple IRA, Trupanion medical coverage for two pets, and a generous continuing education allowance.
Come enjoy the culture and excitement of Buzzards Bay Veterinary Associates. We are a busy, small animal practice located in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts. Cape Cod’s beaches are considered among the best in the world with 560 miles of coastline, especially those along the Cape Cod National Seashore. Some of our favorite activities are paddle boarding, hiking and kayaking. Bicycling is also popular, with three main bicycle trails that span through several towns. The Cape Baseball League is recognized as the best amateur summer league in the country with 10 town teams, and summer camp for kids. We are known for our exceptional, fresh seafood and restaurants, paired with local wineries and microbreweries. Explore the charm of Cape Cod’s villages and museums or hop a ferry to one of the islands. We are located one hour from both Boston and Providence for those seeking urban influence.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating how you feel you are a fit for our position. Please also include your desired compensation.