The Buzzards Bay Veterinary Associates team is committed to providing your pocket pet with the best healthcare possible at every life stage. We are staffed with highly trained and experienced exotic pet doctors and veterinary technicians. We understand and know that these special pets have specialized needs. In addition to standard comprehensive wellness and preventative care, we offer diagnostic care and surgical services.
Services We Provide
- Nail Trimming (small mammals)
- Hair Mat Removal, Brushing and Combing (for pet rabbits, pet ferrets, and pet guinea pigs)
Diagnostic & Laboratory Care
If we suspect your pet is experiencing an internal problem, such as the ingestion of a foreign body or a bone fracture, our team can use one of the following diagnostic imaging tools to examine them internally:
- Digital Radiography (uses digital X-ray sensors to produce a digital image of the skeletal system)
- Fungal Testing for Ringworm
- Clinical Chemistry Profile (liver function, kidney function, calcium, and protein and glucose levels are a few of the tests we run)
- Pulse Oximetry (a non-invasive method for measuring a patient’s blood oxygen level
- Fecal Analysis (analyzes feces for intestinal parasites)
At times, samples will need to be sent to outside labs. Buzzards Bay Veterinary Associates works closely with several labs that specialize in exotic diagnostic testing.
- Small Mammal Spay/Neuter (not every pet is a candidate for these procedures. During your pet’s preventative care exam, all home-life and behavior concerns will be addressed.)
- Tumor Removal
- Trauma Surgery on all the Species We Treat
- Dental Procedures and Surgery